Thursday, October 12, 2006

Am I In The Wrong Class?


Well, mid-terms are upon us next week and it seems that my ASL classes have morphed into Creative Writing. It's a struggle for me to write blog posts, much less school papers. So, my school duties for the next week include:

1.) 5 hours time in the lab. No voicing. Lots of signing.
2.) 1 paper to include 20 sentences. Not just any 20 sentences, mind you. Two fingerspelled words per sentence, 2 numbers, and 1 fingerspell loan sign (FLS). Piece of cake (dripping with sarcasm).
3.) Videotape myself signing the above paper.
4.) Videotape myself signing 2 different stories.
5.) Write a story with 10 different types of numbers, three different names, 10 different cities and 10 different FLS'. Oh, and we have to use the ones she gave us, not just random names, cities, etc. HELLO! THIS IS CREATIVE WRITING!!!
6.) Videotape myself signing the above story.
7.) 2 written tests.
8.) 2 receptive tests.

Just when I was really enjoying school. Boo.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:02 AM




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. What if you don't have a video camera?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

JCol you can practice on me and I'll make faces and make you laugh and stuff, oh wait that might not help much

Instead I'll just sit there and smile and clap really loudly at the end

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo hiss. you can do it though. piece of cake. :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Jes - that's the thing, I don't. That means an extra 1 1/2hrs in the car to go to school to tape myself.

Boo.hiss.

K-T. Thanks! (I think).

Miss - thanks. Maybe for you. I don't even journal.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard work, but you still love it. :-) You'll do AWESOME!!!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

how do you have written tests in ASL?

the video taping thing sounds like a real pain. but make sure you have fun - and it's a terrific skill!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

test?

8:03 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

My good comment went away, let's hope this one doesn't...

As I was saying...

Tests and competition are a way to uncover our weakness. If we look at it that way, it is a great way to see where we need to grow. This is obvious, however, often times when we look at tests we think that of them as drudgeries, not as opportunities.

We are all very proud of you though and it is very cool that you have learned so much so fast!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home