Friday, November 17, 2006

Central Park: How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways...


Well, I am back from NYC. I wouldn't want to live there, but I sure could have stayed longer. The weekend flew, as always. It was a different trip than I had expected. Normally the group is split half-way into those that are doing evangelism/street ministry and those that are doing service work. I'm always the later. We have some very bold people and I'm not one of them. I'm always the designated painter, and it seems to be a good fit for me. However, we only had 8 people working 1 day on the painting and just 2 of us on another day. Normally there's a "young" group and an "older" group, but this was an older group and it just had a different feel. Not bad, but different. I hung out with a family of 3 all weekend and we quickly became a family of 4. We enjoyed Central Park every morning, late night Starbucks and even later talks, riding the subways, and I did my first walk-through of Little Italy and Chinatown.

The weather wasn't very cooperative, in fact, I never even saw the top of the Empire State Building, it was so cloudy. It rained some, was cloudy alot, and pretty cool. But it was THE CITY, and I love it there. Here's some reasons, in no particular order...

1. Junior's Cheesecake (we split slices of Strawberry, Cherry and Carrot Cake Cheesecake. ooh la la),
2. VERY helpful New Yorkers. One that walked us blocks and blocks to take us to a French Fry place we wanted to try.
3. Seeing friends at the church every year.
4. Getting out of my comfort zone can be a good thing sometimes.
5. Central Park, Central Park, Central Park.































6. Christian Hostel. It's so very quaint and precious.















I have more pics (of course) but Blogger is being stubborn. Hopefully more to come later.
Thank you for your prayers!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 10:23 AM




1 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time--New York is so beautiful in the fall. I'm jealous!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home