Monday, November 27, 2006

Food, Family and Fun


It was another successful Thanksgiving this year. Brian and I stretched it out over a long weekend, eating with my family on Thursday and his family on Saturday. We ate, we talked, we ate some more, talked, and then kept eating. Both of us gained some poundage, and that's with me running ALOT in one week. I actually ran 25 miles this week, which is a lot for me. Not for this guy, though. My fam was talking about him at the Thanksgiving table and so I had to Google him when I got home. Is it just sheer craziness to exercise THAT much? 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days!! He runs 70 miles just for PRACTICE. And now that he's done all those marathons, he couldn't just take a break, no. He's running back from NYC to San Francisco. Running home instead of flying. Who is he, Forrest Gump? insanity.

Anyways, where was I. Oh yeah, I was eating. I did run the 8 Mile Turkey Trot this year, which is fun, and a good way to justify eating 3 pieces of pie. And that was just the afternoon serving. I ate MORE for dinner. Gluttony. Sheer gluttony.

It was good to see the family though, my aunt and uncle now have a second set of twins, but instead of my twin cousins, this time they have a boy and a girl. Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. So cute! I LOVE dogs, in case you didn't know. Puppies are just the best.

So, yeah, it was a great holiday weekend. I'm ready for Christmas now!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 9:58 AM




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! My favorite line: "Who is he, Forrest Gump?"

That's classic.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Rusty and Chloe. absolutely adorable. And who can say 'no' to chocolate praline pie??? certainly not me...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

hi friend, glad to hear you had a good thankgiving with the proper amount of pie included

7:20 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Oh, really - puppies?! I LOVE puppies! And I LOVE puppies when they grow up to be...well...big puppies! Me jealous!

I'm sad I didn't run into you this year at the trot. Trevor and I were wicked tired and couldn't get to City Hall in time to register and start the 8 mile on time. So, instead, we elected to walk the Trot with all the people and their dogs (I would've brought Gypsy had I known I would be walking a 5K instead of running 8 miles). Alas. Next year we should plan to meet somewhere before hand.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home