Monday, November 06, 2006

Needing a Foot Massage in the Worst Way


Well, I did it. Without the necessary training and without losing the weight I had hoped to. But, I did it. I ran (and walked) a 1/2 marathon yesterday morning. I woke up at 5am to get into my running gear, get my stuff together and head to Dallas. My feet covered a whopping 13.1 miles around a lake, mansions, and rolling hills. Hills you'd never notice in a car but feel every step while jogging. It's a sense of accomplishment to know that I really did it, I earned the medal I received at the end for finishing. wahoo!

I saw my one of my English teachers from high school volunteering at the race, one of my high school classmates, and a jr. high crush. Very surreal. My sister finished about 50 min. before me, in just over 2hrs. I finished just under 3 hrs, but it's actually better than I thought I'd do. Sure Lance Armstrong covered twice the distance in only 9 extra minutes, but who's counting.

I did it. Just don't ask me to stand up.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:34 AM




14 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

Hey, that's fabulous! I am so proud of you, and envious of your drive!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

My drive? But I live in Oklahoma! I didn't think you envied my drive at all. *smirk*

Thanks JLR!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

CONGRATS JCOL

WAY TO GO

YOU CAN DO IT

WAHOOOO GIRL

(pretend that I was on the sidelines chanting all these to you as you ran by me)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Way to go AM!! Congrats! :D

I ran THE ROCK 1/2 marathon a couple of years ago. It is such an amazing feeling of accomplishment when you cross that finish line! I'm so proud of you!

Oh, an AM, everyone knows that Oklahoma is much, much closer to Dallas than New Mexico (where the twins moved). Plus, the highway to New Mexico was closed over the weekend, so it was even longer than normal. :P

(Are you doing the Turkey Trot this year???)

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww!! Bless your heart!!! Glad you're alive to tell about it!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for us!! we did it!...even if a certain someone...ahem..didn't think we could finish. (you can hit him upside the head for me) hip hip hooray

8:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

New Mexico? Does that mean I live in Arizonia or *gasp* Nevada?

6:38 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, Thanks for the cheers!

Deals - Thanks! You know my pain then, right? And yes, I'm planning on trotting again this year. Do fly by me again w/o saying hello!

Jayleigh - yes, alive, but barely.

Miss - he had no doubt YOU could do it, it was ME he was worried about. I'll hit him anyways for you.

K-T - You're Arizonian? Wow. All this time I thought you were Amazonian!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Yeah! and WOW! That is very impressive. Now you will really be ready for the Turkey Trot!

8:50 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

KT-yes. I am disappointed in you for not moving into my neighborhood. You really should have taken my opinion about your living arrangements into consideration when you made your decision to move to Nevada.

Oh, and AM--I will amend my earlier statement to say that I am envious of your determination, just to be clear. Naturally I am not envious of your drive to Oklahoma every day. Although it's fitting because you need an Indian guide to find your house.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

That's terrific, AM! Good job!

Now, what's all this about Oklahoma? Did I miss something?

9:10 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

JLR - Are you calling me an Indian Guide? Are we in a fight? Please clarify.

Lia - Since I live SOOOO far away from the Impatients and Deals (approx. 1 hr), they have decided that my city is not really in Texas. It's in Oklahoma.

Sad truth is that I probably AM closer to Oklahoma than I am to them. *sigh*

12:41 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Oh, and KT, as far as I am concerned, you now live in Southern California. Just FYI...

7:54 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

P.S. No recent "training" for me means that it will be YOU that will be flying past ME without saying hello. :P

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home