Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Must Learn Balance, Daniel-San!


I feel like Stretch Armstrong. I actually never HAD a Stretch Armstrong, but my cousin David did have a Spider Man that was made up of whatever substance Ol' Stretchy was made of. Whatever that was.

My life feels like it's getting pulled in a million different directions, and I feel like each piece is getting neglected. I'm juggling, and for now I can keep all the balls from falling, but only for now. Work consumes 55-60 hrs per week when you include commute time. I'm taking classes (I keep wanting to say the ASL version of taking classes, TAKE-UP CLASS) at two different colleges, I volunteer for two different church ministries, I have a husband, a family, friends. I'm trying to commit to a quiet time, and I want to blog. I want to watch TV, but I need to clean house. I need to work out, but I want to read. AUGH!!!

So yeah, at any given time, one or more (I'll go with more) of these things are going to get neglected. How do I balance them all? How do I give each of these things the time they need? How do people have kids and work full-time? And go to school??? insanity.

So, yeah, if you're not seeing me post, it's not all at all because I don't want to. But I'm trying to balance all the other "stuff".

Life really is good. I know I'm blessed. I'm blessed to have all those options. I am thankful for my job. The fact that they pay for my schooling. That I can go to school. And church. That I live in a free country. I just need to slow down. And breathe.

Like the name of one of my all time favorite sights to behold. I just need to "Rest and Be Thankful".

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:33 PM




6 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Dear, sweet AM! How ever do you do it?! Maybe the name of your blog should be: AM Superwoman...Need Yoga?!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yes, AM needs yoga alright! I missed today's class, but I have full intentions of going tomorrow. My mat is in my cube "locker".

10:56 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I'm not doing yoga this week because I'm still having trouble breathing through my nose (which always seems important in yoga somehow). Alas. One day soon I'll be able to say the word "cold" again without it sounding more like "cood".

12:33 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey girl, if a few balls drop I think you'll be ok. I miss JCol and her sweet smile and amazing laugh, but alas life gets busy at times. We need a girls night out sometime soon, you know when you're not busy (insert irony here). I'll be prayin for you friend, that you find that balance.

7:08 AM  
Blogger RR said...

Oh, poor AM. I wish I could pass along to you some of my denial. You know, the "oh sure, I guess I could study, but I've got *plenty* of time before my project is due" feeling, when actually you don't have plenty of time? That denial. Too bad you don't have any of that. Of course, it works out better for one's GPA not to, but you already know that (right, Ms. 4.0?).

Get plenty of sleep. Drink plenty of water. Don't forget to pray (as if you would). We'll be praying for you. And also for Deals' stopped up nose.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

RR - I'm in full denial of the Power Point Preso, "speech" and paper that is due tomorrow. I was going to finish it Sat afternoon. Then Sat. evening, then Sun afternoon.

Yeah, it's not finished.

Queen of Denial

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home