Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Time Warp


I went to a funeral today and it was like being in a time warp. There were people there from the church I grew up in. There were people from the church I went from ages 15-22, and there were people from my parents church now. I saw my art teacher from 4th grade. The high school leader I really liked. My parents friends. My best friend/boyfriend from high school and college. His mother. My wedding coordinator. My mother. People that used to work with my mother-in-law. Wow. So many different people, feelings and times. Surreal.

It was the funeral for the dad one of my high school/college friends. The four of us double-dated and worked together at camp and the church was one of our pick-up locations. The last time all four of us were at that church, we were in college. All sweating in the Dallas heat. Now they're married, and the bf/bf and I are each married to other people.

Yeah. So, I'm supposed to be working on my paper right now. The one that is due in 2 hrs. I guess I better get to work. But that was the closest I've ever been to understanding how God sees time. All blended together at the same moment.

Wow.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 2:10 PM




4 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Wow, that is so true. The concept of time is such a human thing. We see things as past/present/future but God sees and knows all things. It's a hard concept for our human brains to breakdown and comprehend.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy awesome seeing people from so many aspects of your life at one time.

I work in the same town where I live, and Rob's church is 40 minutes away from here. Once I saw a lady from Church at my Work. I asked her, "Why are you here?" as though she'd done something wrong.

It was just that I was so surprised...

Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where George doesn't want "relationship George" to collide with "regular George" or something like that.

Hope your paper-writing went well!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

that is such a surreal experience to be in the company of so many people from so many different parts of your life

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about you saying you saw Dave...so I decided to look for him via internet. And yeparoo...found him! Oh the good ol world of myspace.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home