Monday, July 02, 2007

Welsh Beauty






Well, I'm back from the travels. No planes, trains, ships, car trips for awhile. School starts next week so I am essentially grounded until Christmas. Boo. Until then, I have fond memories of yesteryear (or yestermonth).









Tintern Abbey - Henry VIII ordered it burned when the church wouldn't let him get divorced.


Someone's backyard.
There are so many castles in Wales, I honestly don't remember which one this was. Just that we booked a stay on a farm at the Tourist Information Center across the street from it.











Black Mountains to the left. Breacon Beacons National Park to the right.




Incidentally, despite the gorgeousness of Brecon, my sis and I decided that that sounded like a good curse word. i.e. "That Brecon Beacon Traffic!!!"
Seven Falls







Caenarfon


Yeah, that clears things up.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:35 PM




6 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

What in the world did that last line say? My dear word!

Missed you AM! how have you been? I'm supposed to close on my house soon and when I do, you'll have to come over when I have a house warming party. It will be so good to see you and Brian! Big Hugs!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Eddo, I still laugh when I see your profile pic. You're always so hot, I can't imagine you wearing that hoodie in "real life".

I DO want to go see your house. Is it in the same vicinity as your apt?

Big hugs!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Oooooo, I LOVE your pictures. They look like pictures out of a travel magazine or something.

2:49 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i loved wales when we visited in 1988
( sounds like TOO long ago)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha, I love the "way out" sign.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!

I would totally live with that house if I could have that back yard.

The rest are lovely, too. Gorgeous, in fact. Makes me want to go to Wales.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home