Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nicknames


Growing up, I seemed to accumulate many nicknames. Most were derivatives of my name, but as you grow older, other names begin to morph. Some, not so flattering (the 8th grade Emu Legs moniker stands out). Others are terms of endearment. The nicknames waned off in college, and then I got married. Voila! More nicknames! Meeting people in the Blogosphere created new spinoffs. Co-workers bestowed new ones too, but somehow I've always had the nickname Smiley everywhere I've worked. Last week I was honored with a brand-new nickname. One that I wasn't sure I would ever have, but God had different plans. My new nickname?

Mommy.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 4:50 PM




8 Comments:

Blogger RR said...

Aaah! Are you saying what we think you're saying? If so, congratulations from me and JLR.


Also...Emu Legs?

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH. JAAAAYYYYY-CCCOOOOOLLLLLLEEEEEE.

Really? WHeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm having trouble forming sentences. I am so very, very, very excited for you. How far along are you? WE NEED DEEEEEEEEEETTAAAILLLLSSSSSSSS.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

WHAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT?


OH MY GOSH!

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU. (HENCE THE ALL CAPS)

JCOL = MOMMY

SHOWERS, PARTIES, BABY CLOTHES, OH THE EXCITEMENT

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am coming up tomorrow night, just so you know. And I was wondering when the internet announcement was going to appear... (although I was expecting a more obvious one. like "I AM PREGO AND AM GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!! AHHHHH!!!!!") heeheehee

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had to live with these for years ..

Heffer J
JD
Jefe
Larry ( has to do with my last name )
Juice
Jer

I feel your pain ...

~Jef

6:18 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Congratulations! That's an exciting one!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Wait. Are you or aren't you? I had a friend in high school who's nickname was Momma Kellie. She's a momma now, but that's more of a recent development.

So, yeah, waiting...

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

When are you due?

Come on, post for all of us who don't actually know you in person!

:-)

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home