Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Inhale, Exhale


I'm having trouble breathing today. And eating. It seems that the baby has had a growth spurt faster than my body can adjust and since my lungs and stomach are in her way, they must be sacrificed. Three small meals and many gasping breaths later, I'm tired. By the way, have you ever noticed how many people do not know the difference between "breathe" and "breath"? Just something that catches my attention.

I went to the chiropractor today and when I mentioned that some of my muscles in my shoulders were tender, she asked me if I would like to have a massage as part of my therapy today. MASSAGE!?!? THE MAGIC WORD!?!?! I've been going to this chiropractor/practice twice a week for a month now, and they are absolutely first rate. They have now exceeded all expectations. I had a great adjustment (my hips are starting to shift these days) but then..... oh my word, a wonderful massage. And all I paid was my usual co-pay. She said that they would leave it in my chart for my next appt. I go twice a week, people! Do you know how glorious this is?!?!? I guess you're beginning to notice my excitement by now.

Speaking of excitement, our nursery is coming along nicely - we're completely changing the room and it's really looking sharp. Yea!

Sunday I'll be 30 weeks preggers. It has FLOWN by. I can't imagine how fast it will go when it's single digits. I'm such a planner and the suspense on if she's going to be early, on time, or late is killing me. Such a big date and you have no idea when it will be! Some people do, I guess, if you have a planned c-section or induce, but since we're not planning on either one, it's all up in the air.

Hope everything is going well for y'all.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:42 PM




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Another post!

Thanks for updating. Here we all sit wondering how JCol is doing. And now we know!

Personally, I would LOVE to get adjusted (WITH A MASSAGE to boot) twice a week. It sounds heavenly.

Bless you during these last weeks of your pregnancy.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

That's it. I need to set up a session with a chiropractor. A massaging chiropractor.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures of the nursery! Pictures of the nursery!

Good gracious, woman. Do you even KNOW how long it has been since I was at your house? Like, TWO YEARS, I think. That's ridiculous.

And now you're going to have a baby! And I don't know which room is being sacrificed! The guest room? The exercise room? The laundry room?

(Uh, ha. That last one was a joke.)

(Though, not really. Having a kid means your laundry room is about to get a WHOLE LOT BUSIER.)

(You can always count on me to point out the obvious.)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Word on the street (jes) said you had a baby shower today. I hope it was fabulous. Sometimes, I think the best part of being married would be the showers, the honeymoon, and then the baby showers. All of those firsts would rock. And then there are the firsts you get to have with your child. Baby's first Christmas... Baby's first Birthday, Easter, Thanksgiving, day of school, day of college, first car, first kiss, first grandchild... I'm very happy for you and Brian. I know you are going to be a great mom.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home