Wednesday, January 16, 2008

School's Out


Yes, I'm still alive. My life as I know it is changing, and I'm trying to keep up. It's such a whirlwind at times, and there are moments that are very surreal. Such as this past Sunday, in our childbirth class, and it hits me. I'm in a childbirth class! I'm going to have to deliver a baby! Wow! I have become obsessed with baby registries and bottles and diapers and slings. Yes, these are a few of my (now) favorite things.

I never ever dreamed that I would be excited about learning everything I could about being a mom. I mean really, it was never a dream I had for myself. But God is working on my heart, and frankly, it's been a miraculous change. Sometimes it's still overwhelming, but if He is the one that created my little girl, then I can trust that He will help me through the change of becoming a mom.

Thankfully I was able to finish another class in school last week. I took a Wintermester class, but it's now over and I have kept up my 4.0. I am really excited for the break from school. I still have 7 classes left before I finish my degree, but for now, that's on hold.

I'm getting bigger and bigger all the time, and am now in my third trimester. Whew! It's gone by so very fast. Is there a pause button on this thing? I have books to read and a nursery to finish!

So, that's my latest and greatest. Sorry I've been such a bad friend and blogger for not touching base. It's not due to lack of interest, but simply a lack of time.

TTFN!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 9:38 AM




5 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

Baby stuff is exciting, even if you never thought it would be: babies have a way of just taking over everything and making you get involved. It's quite amazing.

Congrats on the class - and keep up the 4.0!

Glad to hear you're doing well.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Wow! Third trimester already?! It's getting so close! You must be thrilled!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, wait. Where is the picture of your belly holding little baby Jessica?

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you're in your 3rd trimester already? That seems like it went fast!!!

You'll be a great mom!

5:42 AM  
Blogger RR said...

Amstaff, I'm just stopping by to say "hello." Hello!


[Note: I tried to post this already, but there was a problem with blogger. Please accept my apologies if it ends up posting twice.]

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home