Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Adjusting


My grandmother went to heaven yesterday morning. My emotions and thoughts have been all over the place since then. I had so focused on not wanting her to suffer any more, but now I realize how much I miss her.

And then I'm reminded on how real the cycle of life is. That I won't see my grandmother's face again, but today I got to see my baby's face. Her little nose, lips. I watched her open her mouth, move her fist to her face, and open her eyes. Her life outside the womb will begin soon.
It's so much to take in.

Goodbye Grandma. I will miss you.





posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:27 AM




8 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

That's a beautiful post and a beautiful picture. I hope you find comfort after your loss.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I'm sorry AM. Your perspective on the situation is beautiful, though. Here is another (internet) hug:

{{{{{{{{AM}}}}}}}}

8:02 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! I agree with deals--you have a great perspective.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings, dear one. Beautiful picture of you and your grandma.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma, but glad to hear things are going well with the child growing inside you! How cool is that!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey friend, I've been absent from blogworld so much lately that I'm just not getting to read this post.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma and know that feeling of pain and relief all wrapped into one. So a big hug of condolence and care for you and baby JCol.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow that is so sad!! I miss my gramma so much too. She raised me and we lived on a farm. Life is not the same without her. I will lift you up in prayer today.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous wool exports said...

i completely agree with you.

---------------------------
franchise for exports | cattle exports | livestock exports

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home