Sunday, April 27, 2008

Proud Mom


Well, after 53 hours of labor and a C-section, my daughter greeted the world. She is a precious gift that I sometimes have a hard time believing is real. The labor and delivery were a bit too real though. They don't call it labor for nothing, and our original plan was to do everything as natural as possible (we're granola like that). We knew that we needed to be flexible and to do whatever would be best for me and the baby. So, after laboring for FIFTY-THREE WHOLE HOURS without any pain medication, and hearing that it could go on for days more, with high risk to both of us, I gladly opted for a C-Section. Within 30 minutes, my daughter's cries filled the room. I know I'm biased, but I think she is beautiful and perfect. I can't even begin to describe the love I have for her.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:14 PM




15 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

Congratulations and happy birthday! Poor AM, having to go through both long labor and post-op recovery, but she does indeed look beautiful. What's her name?

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaaa! So what took you so long? Did you just enjoy labor that much?!?!?! LOL

I'm glad she's here.

~Jef

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJJCCCCOoolllllllll - she's beautiful! KT told me you gave birth, and I've been anxiously waiting for a post!

(Though I just realized I can't call her ECol, because - dude. That's just too much like e. coli.)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow Congrats! I cannot believe that Labor. I won't discuss mine wiht you as you might kill me. If you want to See Elisabeth Kate who was born apr 9 then you can go to www.itstoughbeinglittle.wordpress.com

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!! Finally some pictures!! I like her little green outfit.. too cute. Is Abby still guarding over her?

7:11 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

OH.MY.STARS. She IS SO CUTE.

7:16 PM  
Blogger athena said...

Oh, congratulations, ASM! She is so bright-eyed and GORGEOUS! The second picture of the two of you is my favorite.

We need details: Exact date of birth, weight, NAME, etc.!

Now you have to change your handle. You're not just an ASM anymore. ;-0

5:33 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! She's beautiful! Just like her mama!

I will call her "LAM" (as in Little AM) until you give her a Blog name.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

She's GORGEOUS!!!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! So beautiful.

Congratulations to all of you!

10:05 AM  
Blogger RR said...

I know I'm a bit late but she is so precious ! What a sweet, sweet smile she seems to have on her face. I bet she has your sweet, sweet disposition to match. What a blessing!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow I'm super late on this but:

JCOL she's Beautiful, gorgeous, and adorable


Uh if you're ever looking for a babysitter I can be there in an hour

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ASM -- Just wondering how you are. I check in every so often to see if you posted. I hope you and yours are well and would love to see you blogging again!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous livestock exports said...

"Excellent blog post. I definitely love this website.
Continue the good work!"

--------------------------
wool exports | cotton exports | milk exports

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home