Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tick-Tock


Well, my due date is this Sunday, and so I study my calendar too closely and look at my watch too intently these days. I wake up in the morning thinking "is this the day??" and go to bed at night thinking "is this the night???" With such an easy pregnancy, people would ask me if I was ready to have her yet. Honestly, I wasn't. I was enjoying the 9 months that sailed by, enjoy feeling her move inside me (I still do) and taking time to get adjusted to becoming a mom. So many things to do with the nursery and things to prepare for an additional little person living in your home. But now. I think it's time.

I don't sleep well and it's amazing how much that can affect your day. My body is wondering if it will ever get to shed the extra pounds it has accumulated over these last few months. Simple things like washing my hands in the kitchen sink is difficult because I am *that* far away from the sink and so it requires either bending over at an awkward angle to reach the water or leaning on the counter to wash my hands. (I choose the latter). I eagerly anticipate my weekly chiropractor appts to adjust my back, hips and stubborn rib that is out of place. But why am I complaining? I have the privilege to feel my daughter's movements every single day. Although I look forward to seeing her move outside my tummy and realize "so THAT'S what she was doing in there", I think I will miss the gentle nudges I've gotten so used to.

So, baby girl. Take your time. We'll see you when you're ready to greet the world.

I love you already.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:58 AM




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I never thought about not being able to do something as simple as washing your hands. I'm glad you posted. I've been wondering an awful lot lately whether you've given birth yet. :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

I can't believe you're about to have your baby! So excited!

My good friend at work is due absolutely any time, and I am the self-appointed "here, let me get that for you" person. I pick up all the stuff she drops. I hadn't thought about her not being able to wash her hands easily, though. I can't really help her with that!

Anyway, when you guys get all settled in (in six weeks or so? however long it takes for y'all to get into a routine and you are actually getting sleep at night), let us know so that those of us in the area can come visit!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

As long as she's born healthy and well, whenever she comes will be the right time. I hope you're having fun trying out names. :)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Dude! She's moved your rib out of place?! Really?! Wow. You should totally remember that and remind her of the discomfort she caused in the last days/weeks of pregnancy. I was born in August during the hottest summer on record. Something my mother reminds me of every chance she gets. :P

In all seriousness, though, HOW EXCITING! Are you all settled on a name, yet?! And can I tag along with JLR and RR when they come to meet her? Pleeeeeeeeease?!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You had your baby. I got to see her picture. She's adorable. I'm so excited for you and Brian. CONGRATULATIONS FRIENDS!!!!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous beef exports said...

i love your blog, don’t find many that are so clear, it is nice to see that someone really understands.

-----------------------------
fruit exports | legal services for exports | seafood exports

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home