Thursday, June 23, 2005

Chocolate Praline Pie, vs. 2


You know I love you guys. This proves it. I was thinking, "I've got to take that recipe to work with me today to put on my blog!" Mind you, this thought went through my mind at 5:45 a.m. I was frantically looking through my recipe box for the hot pink note card that I have it written down on before my carpool departed at 6 a.m. So, without further adieu, here is version 2, as opposed to the previous post of version 1.

Chocolate Praline Pie
(It's dated 03/19/99-not sure why I'm telling you this, but it was the first thing on the recipe card)

Chocolate Praline Pie

2 cups milk
1 graham cracker crust
1 stick butter (I feel terrible using a whole stick so I use 2/3-3/4)
1/3 cup pecan pieces
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
1 half-pint whipping cream

1. Bake pie shell at 200 degrees for 20 min.
2. Melt butter and stir in pecans and sugar in bowl.
3. Pour butter mixture into pie shell
4. Refrigerate crust until butter is cooled
5. In separate bowl, mix 2 cups of milk & pudding
6. Pour pudding into cooled crust.
7. Top with whipping cream


Or, to save yourselves the trouble of making this oh-so-easy dessert, I promise to bring it to our first blogging group game night. Deal?

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:28 AM




8 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Um, where and when are we having this blogger game night? I am so ready for some of this PIE!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I have heard about and jealously coveted the game nights that you, Jes, K-T, and sometimes Bianca attend. I love playing Cranium, Catch Phrase, and have played Settlers (once). One little invite = pie. I would offer my house, but it's still in a state of disarray with the move. Give me a little while on that one. But hey, if someone else is offering...

9:39 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

It's not fair Dang it! Pie AND Games... and I live too far away... I can't even entertain the thought.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

yummy! thank you, am.

i will be sure to try it and let you know how it goes. :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks Amanda. Let me know how it goes. Imitiation is the highest form of flattery.

12:39 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

hmmm...this sounds like quite the idea. we must arrange it, and soon.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stiff the Minnesota dudes, nice.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I hear ya OD. For that... you should FedEx us some pie. ;)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home