Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm ticked



A few months ago, I posted about my experience as a juror. I was one of twelve that found this man guilty of capital murder, sentencing him to a life in prison. Periodically, I check the status of the court date for his accomplice. I believe that the man to your right killed one person and attempted to kill the witness. The reason that he did so was that his accomplice simply asked him to. The accomplice killed a man with a handgun. The man to the right killed a man with a shotgun, shooting him twice in the head. I know, I saw the autopsy and crime scene photos. Photos I will never forget. I remember the witness hugging me after we unanimously found the defendant guilty. Their relief was palpable. But it's not over. The accomplice has yet to go to trial. The mastermind behind the killings. The court date has been delayed three months. I'm not even a victim and I'm becoming impatient that he has not received justice yet. He is sitting in a jail cell, but where is the sense of relief for the victims' families? They still have to see him in court, see him try to finagle his way out of a life sentence. It's really sickening. Here's his photo, a photo of a life wasted, and one that caused three different families tremendous pain. May justice not be postponed any longer.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:33 AM




6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Wow.....
I couldn't imagine being one of the victims families. I have often thought about how I would handle a situation like this should it happen to me. I understand the complete anger..... I think the hardest thing for me is to look at this young man, and know that Christ loves him ... just as much as he loves me and I have never killed someone. God sees someone he lovingly created, and yet is so completely lost. I ache for him that he knows not Christ and yet CAN NOT begin to comprehend how you could even think of committing such an act. Thankfully I am saved by God's grace, hopefully this young man will one day also know his saving grace. I still believe he must face the consequences of his actions here an earth. I just hope he doesn't have to face those consequences for all eternity! Either way God is the final judge. I'm just thankful God understands my anger towards people that commit these nasty crimes.... but he always brings back to me that I am just like him... only saved by Grace. Sorry didn't mean to preach... Time to shut mouth....And I DO UNDERSTAND your anger. Life sometimes really seems unfair.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

You said it alot better than me, Sydney. Alot better.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am just jaded, he may get justice, but death is too easy of a punishment. Sorry, he deserves worse than death. He is human and all, but there are worse punishments than death.

Well written.

~Jef

2:30 PM  
Blogger steve said...

God punishes. Remember that. Maybe its been a few months but it isnt anything compared to an eternity of teeth nashing

2:48 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What was said a few days ago about hard work? If it's not recognized in this life then it will be in the afterlife? Same goes for evil.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I agree with Steve, God punishes, I don't know how He has such mercy, as for me, I wouldn't be so merciful! I am scheduled to be a juror in a murder trial at the end of this month, I hope I don't have to serve, it is a child abuse case, the little girl died. The parents were heroin addicts, I already know how I will vote, so we'll see what happens!!

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home